I thought it would be interesting to have reviews on this site follow the hReview microformat. Since this site is managed using WordPress, I’ve put together a WordPress plug-in that allows hReview-compliant reviews to be composed in the standard Page/Post editor (utilising a TinyMCE 3.x Plugin).
It’s still in a pretty simple form, and may not work for anyone else. It should look okay if you’re using Firefox, and inserting it into WordPress 2.5. If it works well for you, let me know.
Download hReview WordPress Plugin
Get version 0.9 (released 28-Dec-11) – fixes WordPress 3.3 compatibility of HTML code editor button
- Version 0.8 (released 07-Nov-10) – added “reviewer” tag to comply with expected format for Google
- Version 0.7 (released 21-Dec-08) – incorporated a settings page, and uses native wordpress popup UI
- Version 0.6 (released 28-Jun-08) – works with WordPress 2.5 but broke backward compatibility
- Version 0.5 (released 23-Mar-08) – last version backwardly compatible with WordPress 2.3 and before.
- Version 0.4 (released 9-Sep-07) – worked with the HTML code editor as well.
- Version 0.3 (released 5-Jun-07) – worked with the GUI editor but not the HTML code editor in WordPress 2.1+
- Version 0.2 (released 23-Sep-06) – worked with WordPress 2.0.x but not WordPress 2.1+
- Version 0.1 (released 5-Sep-06)
How to Install and use the Plugin
- Unzip the plugin into your wp-content/plugins/ directory. It should automatically create an hreview/ subdirectory.
- In your WordPress admin page, go to the Plugins section and Activate the “hReview support for editor” plugin.
- When you go to “Write Post” or “Write Page”, click on the star logo to pop-up a simple form.
- Fill in the fields of the form, particularly the name of the thing you are reviewing.
- Click Insert and the contents of the fields will be inserted into the page or post you were composing, but marked up using the hReview microformat.
In The Wild
Finally, you may also be interested in my Reviewers’ Manifesto.